The Tibor® Gulfstream fly reels were first introduced in 1995 and have established themselves as the benchmark for custom-crafted fly reels. After years of development and input from the likes of Lefty Kreh and Flip Pallot, Ted was finally satisfied with a reel that truly has set a new standard in fly fishing reel technology.
The spool's large arbor design significantly enhances the rate of line retrieval which is critical when you're trying to control speedsters like bonefish, bonito, or wahoo.
As with all of Ted's reels, the drag system is absolutely flawless and has withstood the test of the world's most demanding game fish, including 250 World Records, so far. If you were to own only one fly reel, this is the one to have.
Species: Tarpon, Sailfish, Marlin, Shark, Tuna.
- Made from solid aluminum bar stock
- Comes with an extra thick neoprene case for easy storage and transportation
- Standard finishes are Jet Black and Satin Gold. Other finishes are available
- Lightweight to balance with modern fly rods and reduce casting fatigue
- Triple outgoing line signals, easily removable for silent operation
- Free engraving on name plate
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A