The Fish-Skull® Tan Baitfish Head is a weighted baitfish head that has a realistic profile and is specifically designed for tying freshwater and saltwater streamer fly patterns.
Quick-and-simple to tie, this latest innovation in fly tying offers fly fishermen an exciting alternative to using dumbbells or cones to weight their flies. The Fish-Skull® has unique design features making it a very versatile platform for tying a wide variety of realistic, weighted streamer patterns using natural or synthetic fly tying materials.
- Fish-Skull® adds weight to your streamer pattern. They are made from a lightweight metal composite that allow us to create a realistic size fish-head with a large surface area, but without adding excessive weight.
- Fish-Skull® is available in 4 sizes (Small, Small-Medium, Medium and Large). The range fits hooks ranging from as small as a #8 (small freshwater/trout streamers) up to big #4/0 hooks (larger saltwater or bass flies).
- Size Small for hook sizes typically #8, #6, #4
- Size Small-Medium for hook sizes typically #4, #2, #1
- Size Medium for hook sizes typically #2, #1, #1/0
- Size Large for hook sizes typically #2/0, #3/0, #4/0
- They weigh roughly about the same as an equivalent hook size dumbbell. Weight as follows: Small skull is 0.48 grams (0.017 ounce), Small-Medium skull is 0.79 grams (0.028 ounces), Medium skull is 1.26 grams (0.044 ounces), and the Large skull is 2.46 grams (0.087 ounces).
- Allow vertical freedom of movement for the tying materials. Gets more natural action from the materials
- Unique design feature places the center of gravity and 70% of the weight of the Fish-Skull™ slightly below the hook shank producing a “keeling” effect similar to a dumbbell.
- The keel helps the fly track and orientate in the correct position and allows the fly to be tied in either the hook down or the hook up position if desired.
- A full set of 3D eyes is included with the Fish-Skull™ heads in the bag which eliminates the additional cost of buying eyes. The fly tier has the option to use any other make, style or color of fish eye if they choose to do so
- Each pack of Small size has 10 skulls, Medium size has 8 skulls, Small-Medium size has 8 skulls and the Large size has 6 skulls.