The Fish-Skull® Articulated Shank can be used as a simple component in different styles of articulated flies such as single-hook and two-hook articulated streamers, poppers and sliders. It is also used for streamers that use a free-swinging stinger hook such as Intruder-style salmon and steelhead flies. These high strength, stainless spring steel shank can be used in saltwater.
Available in 3 sizes: 20mm, 35mm and 55mm.
Quantity: 20 Shanks per pack.
- Easy-and-fast tying process.
- Increases tail action.
- Increases the overall fly length.
- Reduces the leverage a hooked fish typically places on a fly.
- Eliminates the need to “sacrifice a hook” to make a shank.
- Typically for streamer flies 3″ (7.5cm) and longer.
- Wire diameter fits hook sizes starting from about #4 up to 3/0.
- Will fit the Fish-Skull™ (SM, M and L sizes) and the Fish-Skull™ Sculpin Helmet.